International Journalism in the World of New Media
Start: 1 September 2021
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 20 July 2021
In case of specific questions about the program, please contact:
International Journalism in the World of New Media is a two-year master's degree program geared toward training professionals in the fields of journalism and international relations.
The program gives students critical journalistic skills and introduces key trends in the development of global media.
Students will gain in-depth knowledge of global politics, economics, and the work of international organizations, as well as skills in design thinking, developing and creating internet resources, and working with social networks.
Program graduates will be able to conduct interviews with political and economic leaders, work competently with world news, and create projects for international organizations directed at a global audience.
- International News Agenda
- Theories of International Relations
- History of International Relations
- New Media Studies
- Arts, Culture and Creative Industries in Digital Age
- International Journalism
- Visual Communication and Design Thinking
- World Politics
- Multimedia Storytelling
- International Newsroom
- Media Management and Entrepreneurship
- Conflictology and International Conflicts
- The courses from the list below:
- Documentary Journalism
- Data Journalism
- Visual Journalism and Infographics
- Digital Publishing
- Web Design
TSU Higher School of Journalism was founded in 1976 and became one of the highest-ranked schools of media communication and journalism in Russia.
Education in TSU Higher School of Journalism focused on cutting-edge media experience and project thinking. The practice-oriented approach of studying in TSU HSJ gives opportunities to participate at real-life projects and newsroom work.
Higher School of Journalism has a wide range of Russian and international partners (the University of Leeds, Hannover University of Applied Science and Arts, TASS Agency, etc.).
We empower our students to develop the skills needed to succeed through our industry-focused schools at TSU HSJ: Journalism and Computer Science, Media Design & Digital Publishing, TV & Radio, Photojournalism, Documentary. Many courses designed with problem-based and project-based learning approaches. A number of multimedia projects made by HSJ students gained international awards in professional skill competitions like Adobe Design Achievement Awards, The Best of Digital Design, Students Design Contest, and others.
Today TSU Higher School of Journalism offers programs in Journalism and New Media:
- Journalism and New Media (BA), 8 terms (Russian / English)
- Selected courses in New Media, Photojournalism and Design (BA), 1-4 terms (English)
- International Journalism in New Media World (MA), terms / selected courses, 1-4 terms (English)
- Short-term course in Multimedia Storytelling (on demand, 3 weeks, in English, for groups of 8-16 students), please see a course description, 495$.
A bachelor degree at least
B1 (Intermediate) English
Applications are open from January, and interviews typically occur in July and August.
The 2021/22 annual tuition fee for this program is 275 450 RUB (approx. $ 3 600) for students from outside Russia.
You can get a scholarship for free education. Read more about https://education-in-russia.com/