Information systems and technologies in geodesy and cartography
Start: 1 September 2020
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2020
The objectives of the programme are:
1. to help students develop skills in development and application of information systems in geodesy and cartography to accelerate the transition to the cutting-edge industrial technologies of using satellite information systems for problems of geodesy and geodynamics, such as GLONASS and GPS, which use modern GIS in processing the results of geodetic measurements, and for problems of cartography;
2. to train engineers in development and application of information systems in geodesy and cartography.
- Research and Simulation Methods for Information Processes and Technologies.
- System Engineering.
- Information Systems Reliability.
- GIS-technologies and Satellite Navigation Systems.
- Methods of Geospatial Data Processing.
- Multimedia technologies and their application in GIS.
- Methods of Dynamics in Satellite Systems
Practical training in Geodesy is performed using geodesical equipment: 12 2T-30 transit instruments; 12 N3 geodetic levels; a tachymeter; laser electronic distance meter; 10 portable GPSmap 60cxGarmin GPS receivers; an electronic tachymeter and 2 high-precision Topcon GPS/GLONASS receivers.
TSU has developed accessible infrastructure of high-efficiency calculations for students that includes the SKIF "Cyberia" supercomputer, Centre of Data Processing, computer network.
Masters who completed the "Information Systems and Technologies in Geodesy and Cartography" programme (09.04.02 "Information Systems and Technologies") are trained to perform the following types of professional activity:
- design and engineering;
- organization and management;
Admission is competitive, students with Bachelor’s degrees or higher are eligible. A candidate is to pass the following entrance examinations: an exam in the major and an interview.
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a Bachelor's diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams:
- written test in Information technologies
- an interview
Tuition fee per year is 223 700 rub.
Scholarships are available via the Russian government scheme.