International Relations - Studies of the European Union
Start: 1 September 2020
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2020
Programme website: http://dir.tsu.ru/node/822
Contact person: Larisa V. Deriglazova
The "European Union Studies" Master's programme prepares qualified specialists in the key aspects of the European Union like its functioning, and the foreign policy of the leading European countries, economic and diplomatic ties with which are the priority for Russian Federation. The programme is accredited by Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA).
Disciplines within the programme are divided into 3 sections:
1. Mandatory courses in theory and practice of modern international relations: Megatrends and Global Issues; Regional Subsystems of International Relations in the XXI century; Modern Foreign Policy Strategy of Russia and International Conflicts; Methods of Social and Political Research; Global Security; Analysis of International Situations; Foreign Policy Process and Formation of Russian Foreign Policy.
2. Language courses: intensive classes of two European languages during the first year of Master's studies:
English, 4 hours a week (mandatory course);
French or German, 4 hours a week (elective course);
3. The profile courses include the following sections:
Basics of European Integration (mandatory courses): History of European Integration, European Law, European Union Institutes, Economy and Currency Integration in Europe, Social Europe and EU Social Policy, EU Regional Policy and European Regionalism, General Foreign Policy and European Union Security Policy, European Platform of Freedom, Security, and Justice;
Specific Issues of European Integration and Policies of the Leading EU States (elective courses): EU Policy of Development and Cooperation, UK Policy in European Integration, European Integration and Transatlantic Relations, Russia and the European Union, the UK and Decolonization Process; United Germany in 1990-2010 and more.
The programme offers a wide range of career paths from personal assistants, researchers, consultants to experts for governmental agencies and various types of organizations. And, of course, our graduates can become lecturers for higher education institutions.
Admission is carried out on the competitive basis. Students with Bachelor’s or higher degrees are eligible. The admission tests include exam in International Relations, an interview on the history of international relations, and a letter of motivation.
In terms of languages, candidates must be able to communicate in at least one European language: English, German, or French.
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a Bachelor's diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams:
- an interview
Tuition fee per year is 185 200 rub.
Scholarships are available via the Russian government scheme.