Start: 1 September 2020
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2020
Programme website: http://www.bio.tsu.ru
The programme offers training of qualified specialists in genetics who have profound knowledge and understanding of cytogenetic aspects in adaptation of humans, animals and plants to changing environment. Such specialists are able to analyze and forecast molecular and cytogenetic mechanisms of adaptation and evolution of organisms, and to be creative and innovative in their work.
- Molecular genetics.
- Current problems of biotechnology.
- Model sites and test systems.
- Development genetics.
- Evolutionary cytogenetics.
- Molecular cytogenetics.
- History of genetics.
- Featured chapters of genetics.
- Human genetics.
- Evolutionary genetics.
The programme includes application of new research methods and cooperation with leading researchers from such institutes, as: Research Institute of Cytology and Genetics (SB RAS), Research Institute of Medical Genetics (SB RAMS), Research Institute of Oncology (SB RAMS), Research Institute of Psychic Health (SB RAMS)
Graduates have the opportunity to continue their studies as PhD-students.
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a Bachelor's diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams:
- written test in Biology
- an interview
Tuition fee per year is 223 700 rub.
Scholarships are available via the Russian government scheme.