Chemical and Physical Methods in Ecology and Criminal Studies
Start: 1 September 2020
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2020
This Master's program reflects the huge breadth and diversity in research and the application of physical chemistry and physical chemistry techniques, providing you with training and study in the concepts and techniques of physical chemistry, tailored to your own particular research interests.
We focus on providing our students with an advanced understanding of the structure- and property relations at all length-scales. All teachers at this program are active researchers in the department and we are keen to have a close relationship between students and researchers. This is why we focus the studies on lectures, lab work and projects connected to recent scientific advancements in the fields of electrochemistry, interfacial properties, materials, atmospheric chemistry, gas-phase spectroscopy and microscopy.
Graduates can work in the institutions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry for Emergency Situations, scientific research institutes, and also in analytical laboratories at chemical industry enterprises.
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a Bachelor's diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams:
- written test in Chemistry
- an interview
Tuition fee per year is 223 700 rub.
Scholarships are available via the Russian government scheme.