Start: 1 September 2020
Duration: 4 years
ECTS: 240 ECTS
Application deadline: 31 August 2020
Programme website: http://hits.university/en/index.html
Bachelor of Software Engineering is the first programme which is a fully taught in English in the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at Tomsk State University. The Institute is a newly established entity uniting young and ambitious professionals in mathematics and computer science fields. We believe that the great advantage of our programme is the fact that most of our staff are involved in corporate projects. This allows for continuous modernization of the Software Engineering degree at TSU with view on the market changes.
In the first two years of study the students are going to be introduced in to the basics of the engineering aspects of computer science. They will be studying current programming languages at an intensive level, understand the methodology of software systems engineering using analysis and specification methods such as UML, XML, structured and soft systems methodologies. During the final years students will also have the opportunity to complete a professional minor specializing in a range of areas such as computer security, network computing, games development, digital forensics, and intelligent systems together with our partner institutions.
To see the subject that are taught in this program, please check the academic plan.
Higher IT School is a team of teachers and researchers who believe that education is closely intertwined with the IT industry. Some of them in the past had owned their own business while others only starting their enterprises.
The Supervisory Board of the School is fully comprised of IT companies' representatives. Most importantly, it is constantly overlooking the education process and working in cooperation with the teaching staff in order to make sure that the Software Engineering degree fully corresponds to the IT industry market demands.
Higher IT School offers for students:
- Students centered learning. Feedback mechanism – tutor course (essay, analysis, and change)
- Learning by doing. Real-life case scenarios, cases from business partners (pre & post discussion)
- Flipped classroom for math subjects. More practice-oriented approach instead of old school theory
- Variety of teaching approaches. Lectures, flipped classrooms, debates, games, tutorials
- Working with different material resources. Internet, original writings, scientific literature – Google!
- Independent study time. Online tools for progress check (programming class)
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams (performed online):
- written test in mathematics
- written test in English language
Tuition fee per year is 265 820 rub.
Applicants that score 160 points or more for entrance exams are eligible for study fee discounts!
Scholarships are available via the https://future-in-russia.com/.