Information technologies in science and instrument engineering
Start: 1 September 2019
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2019
The program is intended for specialists able and willing to carry out research projects in the field of complex information systems and technologies. Students gain skills and knowledge in information security management based on modern computer and telecommunications technologies, learn how to develop and operate automated information systems, and learn methods of information system protection.
Within the Master’s program, students have an opportunity to use facilities and implement scientific projects based on research laboratories of the Faculty of Innovative Technologies, which include:
- International Research Laboratory “Vision Systems”;
- Research Laboratory “Intellectual Information Systems”;
- Research Laboratory “Robotics”.
- System engineering
- Information security
- System simulation
- Network economy
- Development of Web-applications
- Automation of technological processes
- The basic principles of artificial intelligence
- Modern technologies in science and education
- State and corporate information systems
- Statistical technologies in management
- Technology management
- Information infrastructure of the modern society
- Methods and technology of information system design
- Mobile application development
- Object-oriented programming
- Intellectual property assessment
Main research areas:
- Artificial intelligence
- System simulation
- Information processes
- Information technologies
- Systems and networks
- Design of information systems and databases
- Design of intelligent information systems
- Operation principles of information technology and systems in a wide range of industries
In 1999, the Russian Ministry of Education Innovation Center was transformed into the Russian State University of Innovation Technologies and Entrepreneurship (ITBU).
Faculty of Innovative Technologies was established in 2009 at National Research Tomsk State University by the order of Rector on the basis of West Siberian Branch of Russian State University of Innovation Technologies and Entrepreneurship. The faculty staff includes – 2 Academicians, 2 Corresponding members of the academy, 15 Doctors of Sciences, 22 Ph.D.
The Faculty successfully develops scientific and scientific-methodological support for innovation activity and promotes its own innovative projects. It allows training highly qualified specialists, who meet the requirements of innovative development of national and international economies.
- Quality management
- Innovation management
- Informational support of innovative activity
Main research centers and laboratories:
- International research laboratory of intelligent, diagnostic, radiation and laser-optical systems and technologies.
- Research laboratory – Instrumentation
- Research laboratory of high-performance reconfigurable systems
- Research laboratory of laser and crystal physics
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams:
- written test in computer science
- an interview
Tuition fee per year is 335 800 rub.
Scholarships are available via the Russian government scheme.