Human development: genetics, neuroscience and psychology
Start: 1 September 2020
Degree: Master of Science
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2020
This is interdisciplinary programme, where students will develop a foundational knowledge of all aspects of human development, including biological foundations of individual differences, gene-environment processes, brain mechanisms, cognitive and other psychological processes. Students will acquire the principles and main aspects of data acquisition and analyses, and gain a good working knowledge of modern methods for scientific investigation of human development.
Interdisciplinary Study of Development
Neuroscience and Cognitive Science
Academic Writing, Publishing and Presenting
Ethical, Legal and Societal Issues in Research
Options (students will choose 3 out of 6 options)
Child Development Programmes
Language and the Brain
Aetiology of Developmental Problems
Linguistics in the System of Natural Science
The purpose of the Institute of the Human of the Digital Era is research, human resourcing, and technological support for the individual and societal transformation processes in the transition to a new industrial order.
The basic activity areas of the Institute of the Human of the Digital Era are based on an evaluation of TSU’s potential and the results of a science and technology foresight:
- Problems of the society in the context of current humanistic and technological challenges and political processes. The study is performed at the intersection of social, natural, and technological sciences, including big data analysis;
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and decision science (neurolinguistics analysis, mathematical solutions in the face of information gaps);
- Digital Humanities issues devoted to the heritage and preservation of digital documents, and social robotics research;
- Human development and education in a digital society. This area involves research on the modern social, psychological, neurophysiological, and genetic factors, as well as longitudinal cross-cultural genetically informative research in human development;
- E-learning, and integration and promotion of knowledge about humans and society
International academic mobility in collaboration with partner organizations (e.g. Goldsmiths, University of London (UK) and many others).
Required documents (to be submitted online):
1) a passport copy;
2) a diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
3) certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
4) a completed application form (online)
5) other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
6) entrance exams:
- an interview
- exam in psychology
Tuition fee per year is 234 000 rub.
Scholarships are available via the Russian government scheme.