Start: 1 September 2019
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: 10 July 2019
The Master’s Programme “Eurasian Integration” is the only program in the world designed for the systematic study of Eurasian integration within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union and Silk Road Economic Belt. The programme is intended to train skilled professionals in high demand:
- foreign trade managers (export development and promotion);
- managers and analysts for regional government and local authorities (development and implementation of international projects).
The basics of Eurasian integration are studied through the courses on
- History of Eurasian Integration and the Building of the Eurasian Economic Union
- EAEU Law and Institutions
- The Customs Union of the EAEU
- The Labor Market of the EAEU
- EAEU Sectoral Integration and Cooperation
Project management skills are trained within in-class activities and practical training:
- International Projects Management
- Assessment and Support of Regional Projects
- Training Sessions for Foresight Research and Project Management
- Foreign Economic Activities within the EAEU: export project
- Relations between Russian and EAEU states regions: interregional cooperation project
- Pre-graduation internship (in Russian or foreign company)
- Preparation of the Master's thesis as an export project
Practical analytical skills are trained within research seminars and supervised research work:
- Analytical Research Strategy
- Conduct, Design and Presentation of Research Results
- Academic and Applied Research on the Eurasian Economic Union
- Preparation of Information and Reference Material, Publication of Articles, Public Speaking and Discussion
- Preparation of Master's Dissertation as an Expert Research
Russian students have English classes, foreign students are offered to attend Russian classes.
Interview requirements (in Russian):
The Master’s Programme “Eurasian Integration” has unique academic staff consisting of practitioners and well-known scholars.
The research supervisor of the Master’s programme is Professor Sergey Afontsev, Doctor of Science, Correspondent Member of the Russian Academy of Science, head of World Economy Department at Moscow State University, professor at Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
Practical training is supervised by the following practitioners:
- Eduard Belyaev, Adviser to the President of Tomsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Vadim Senko, Foreign Trade Expert, Regional Trainer, the Russian Export School of the Russian Export Centre
- Elena Ivanova, Head of the Committee for Relations with Russian Regions and CIS Countries, Tomsk Region Administration
- Mikhail Dutskiy, Head of the Tomsk Office of the Federal State Enterprise "Passport and Visa Service" of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
The key TSU professors include:
- Prof. Evgeniy Troitsky, Doctor of Science, World Politics Department, Tomsk State University
- As. Prof. Artyom Dankov, Head of the Department of Oriental Studies, Tomsk State University
- As. Prof. Sergey Yun, Supervisor of the Master’s Programme, World Politics Department, Tomsk State University
- As. Prof. Sergey Miroshnikov, Deputy Director, TSU Siberian Institute for the Future
- Dr. Anastasia Pogorelskaya, Deputy Director, TSU Centre for International Research Collaboration
Distinguished lecturers and experts on Eurasian integration from Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan are invited to give classes at Tomsk State University every year.
Required documents (to be submitted online):
- a passport copy;
- a diploma copy (OR a registrar-issued transcript of grades for the last semester); upon arrival students must provide the admissions committee with an original document;
- NOTE! documents received in a foreign country are submitted legalized in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, or with the apostille (except when, in accordance with legislation of the Russian Federation and (or) an international treaty legalization and apostille are not required)
- certified translation of the diploma and the passport into Russian language (can be submitted upon the arrival)
- a completed application form (online)
- other diplomas and certificates proving any other achievements (if available)
- entrance exams:
- an interview on the motivation and basic knowledge about regional economic integration, in Russian and English, at TSU or through Skype
Tuition fee per year is 185 200 rub.
Scholarships are available through the Russian government scheme.